Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birth of a Pizza

The other day I was raving about Pillsbury's pizza crust-in-a-can (the regular kind, not the thin crust) to a friend.  I mentioned that I make it in a 9x13 pan, which prompted her to ask if it ended up being deep-dish-esque.  I don't think so, but in the interests of letting her decide for herself, I took pictures when I made pizza last night. 
That said, I give you...(drumroll please)... "Birth of a Pizza"!  

The crust... forgive the odd angle. 

Sauce!

Say cheeeeeese!

turkey pepperoni 
(Holls, I put them on as straight as possible for you!)

fresh green pepper

a little more cheese :)

Done! (top view)

Side/top view

And the view looking directly at the side so you can see how thick the edge of the crust is - not what I would classify as deep dish, it just has thick-crust edges.  The actual crust on the bottom is not as thick as the edges.

P.S. In case you're wondering, the paper that seems to be surrounding it is parchment paper - best baking invention EVER!  It is awesome - completely eliminates any need to use non-stick sprays... I am quite hooked on this stuff! 

2 comments:

Kate said...

we do homemade pizza all the time!! And are addicted to Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough! never thought of doing it in a 9x13!

kris said...

Oooh! Trader Joe's has whole wheat pizza dough? We'll have to give that a try!