Monday, May 11, 2009

DC wrap-up

I know this is late in coming... but coming home from DC, life was off and running again.

First of all, two more restaurants to add to my DC culinary reviews: Harry's Pub (which was actually in our hotel), where they make a fabulous black-and-tan, and Cafe Paradiso, where they make the best Italian food in the whole world. Ever. Seriously.
***************************************************
Cherry Blossoms! (We missed most of them, but these few hung around for us.)


The Smithsonian Castle



The garden behind the Castle (I know it has an official name, but I've lost it).




Tulips - this particular group is between the Smithsonian Castle and the Arts & Industries Building (the A & I is the building in the background).


This portrait of Stephen Colbert is in the Museum of American History

... displayed on the wall directly across from the bathrooms!

No comments: